Saturday 20 September 2014

Eff You, Flare From Hell

So, it's been a while. I had a super busy spring, then a super busy summer, and now fall seems to be, you guessed it, super busy as well. 

Suffice it to say, I made some bad choices amongst all the busy-ness, and got a bit cocky. (ahem, coffee) it did not end well. 

For the past three weeks, I have been flaring all over the place, like an angry, dying star about to supernova. I have had to cut back on a lot of things to get the constant pain down to a dull roar, and it's been a bit of a metal challenge for me to not only refrain from so many tasty things, but to keep myself from getting seriously depressed about it. And I "it" I mean the pain. 

Living with pain. It sucks. I suppose i could try and sugar coat it. Say something about how it helps you appreciate the little things, and in a way it does. But at the end of the work day when you get home, you're just so utterly spent from having to put as bright a face on as you can muster that there is not much more you can do than switch on the heating pad, curl up in a ball and thank the universe that your amazing husband is making dinner. (Well look at that, pain made me thankful for something)

Anyways. Sorry to rant. But that's what I need right now, I suppose. 

I'm a little tiered of one month being ok and the next month being terrible. I would prefer all my months to be tolerable. So I've done yet another purge in my pantry and fridge. Leaving me with two condiments I can eat, (maple syrup and Braggs) and cutting one of my favourite tea blends out of my life. (Damn you, Stash, why did you have to go and put orange oil in your liquorice spice tea?)

Today is a jumping off point to better things. To breads that don't have lactic acid in them, and to self control. Coffee, you will have no hold on me, I swear!

I even refrained from birthday cake today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment