Wednesday 1 January 2014

Meal Planning

I hate meal planning. My style of cooking (let's be honest) is grabbing random ingredients at the grocery store and just seeing how the week plays out. I'm also very busy... I am involved in the local theatre, so after work I sometimes have a scant hour to grab food. The drive-through has been my friend for a long time, and it's something I am sad to have to give up. But let's face it! Drive through... not long term healthy anyways.

So, in light of my new cookbooks arriving, I am doing some meal planning this week. Huzzah!

Here's a GREAT post I found with some tips for meal planning: 15 Tips for Better Weekly Meal Planning
I especially like tip number 11 (Prep food as soon as you get back from the store). Helen Mirren did it in Hitchcock, so it's got to be a good idea. Always trust a dame!

As for tip number 2 (Create a space to save recipes and keep in simple)... This I have always had problems with... but I really do like the idea of using Pinterest! I think I'll give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment